Each contribution allows Omnis Liber to develop it's projects.
Creating a digital library
The Omnis Liber platform will host the future digital library and make it accessible to all the children of the world. To do this, we are going to carry out the following steps:
– Define the master template for the information system.
– Write the specifications for the platform creation’s tender process.
– Identify potential IT companies for the realization of the platform.
– Launch the system’s RFI (Request For Information), allowing an initial pricing of the information system: hardware + software + maintenance.
Buying of literature
Books are free for children, authors and publishers will be paid if they choose so.
We will meet these contributors, discuss, negotiate and buy catalogs of digital works to be able to integrate them into our future digital library.
Similarly, we will establish a price list of paper books intended to be won by child readers.
Omnis Liber will make it possible to buy books online for people of the children’s environment at a preferential rate.
Meeting equipment needs
For the selected pilot projects, Omnis Liber will implement the corresponding action plan with the countries concerned, which may include:
– Equipping schools with PCs and tablets.
– The supply of paper manuals.
– Providing Internet access to isolated villages and therefore to the Omnis Liber application. Omnis Liber will rely on partners from the recycling industries to provide books, computer equipment, etc.
Reward child readers
Although a large number of digital books are accessible via the Omnis Liber application, it is possible that the children wish to have a paper book of their own.
Furthermore, if we want to make reading a priority, we must recognize that children can sometimes be more attracted to other forms of leisure and entertainment.
We therefore consider it useful to encourage children to read while rewarding them. The more the child reads, the more tokens he or she earns, which can then be converted into gifts. For example :
– 10 tokens = a paper book.
– 15 tokens = a comic.
– 20 tokens = a deck of cards.
– 30 tokens = a toy / board game.
– 40 tokens = digital prize (film, music, video games).
The type of the prize will have to be adapted to the country and the needs of the children.
Providing books to the children of the world.